Parents/guardians can help in our efforts to maintain high standards of safety and acceptable behaviour for students while traveling on school buses.
1. Bus riding privileges may be suspended for any misconduct by students.
2. Requests for transportation to or from a caregiver must be within the school zone and on an everyday
basis. Children should be registered at the school which serves the caregiver address. Requests for
students to be dropped off or picked up at different addresses on occasion cannot be accommodated.
3. Shall advise their children, on an ongoing basis, of the rules and regulations to be observed when riding a school bus.
4. Have their children at their bus stop five minutes prior to the arrival of the bus.
5. Are responsible for their child's or children's safety and conduct prior to boarding and after drop off at
the designated stop.
6. Are required to meet the bus at the designated stop, be visible to the bus driver, or have a responsible
sibling or caregiver there when Kindergarten students are being picked up or dropped off.
7. Are expected to cooperate with the principal and bus driver.
8. Realize the bus driver is not authorized to change bus stops or routes. All changes must be authorized through Student Transportation Services of Thunder Bay.
9. Should report any problems about late arrivals, departures, etc. to STSTB.
10. Must notify the school office of any changes of address. STSTB will be notified by the school. Three
days are needed to implement changes.
11. Are financially responsible for any wilful damage done to the bus by their children.
12. Are not permitted to ride the school bus without authorization from STSTB.
13. Must realize that in order to ensure safe transportation, objects that may hinder the safe operation of the vehicle or the safety of the students will not be permitted on the school bus.
14. Should remove all long drawstrings and toggles from outer clothing to prevent these from being caught in handrails and doors.
15. May request last minute changes through the school only in real emergency family situations.
16. Are responsible to ensure that adequate bus turnarounds are available year round on their own property where applicable. Parents may have to contact the local roads boards or M.T.O. for assistance.
17. Should make your children visible through the use of retro-reflective tape on clothing, and light-